Do you know how much value you can add to your home by using a portable storage or moving container to organize your belongings? Read on to find out how to add $$$ to your home’s sale price.
Are clutter and personal items affecting your chances of selling your home for the best possible price? Would you stand a better chance of getting your full asking price, or more, if you decluttered and depersonalized your home? Are portable storage or moving containers the answer to successful decluttering? The answer to all those questions is a resounding YES and here’s why:
Clutter clutters buyers’ minds
Remember, selling your home is all about your potential buyers. They don’t care about you OR your pets OR your hobbies OR your beliefs – they care about whether your home is RIGHT for them. If your home is cluttered with too many personal belongings, buyers will have difficulty imagining themselves living there, because all they can see is you.
Now, we aren’t telling you to erase your life from your home – it’s your home – you need to be able to live there until you find a buyer, right? However, getting rid of unnecessary clutter, depersonalizing and organizing your home will help you achieve your full asking price. It will also make moving house much easier for you too!
Storage and moving containers are a declutterer’s dream as you can keep your belongings safe, secure and within easy reach, but out of your newly staged house that is all set to WOW buyers.
How much decluttering is enough?
That really depends on the state of your house. What we’d suggest is that you get some honest opinions from family and friends, because, truth-be-told, we all start to see past the clutter in our own homes.
Look at both the inside and outside, as curb appeal is important too. You only get one chance to make a great first impression guys. If you’ve already had a Buddy Box portable moving container delivered, great! That will give people the impression that you have plenty of interest from buyers and are likely to be on the move soon, which translates into a sense of urgency that if they want your home, they’d better act fast!
You should be aiming for show home quality when staging your home:
- Clear clutter away: You’ll want to clear out some clutter and store the rest away. Order a skip and a Buddy Box moving container to get you organized and your home in a beautifully decluttered state that buyers will love.
- Clean like you’ve never cleaned before: Buyers notice everything, so your home should be sparkling clean before all viewings – without exception. Cleaning won’t cost you a bean either – just a bit of elbow grease.
- Tidy up outside: Don’t forget the outside of your property. Make sure your windows are gleaming and your entrance welcoming. Anything that shouldn’t be on display should go right into your portable storage container or skip.
- Keep your style restrained: Remember, it’s all about the buyers and the extra dollars on the sale price of your home. Stage your home, so that it has mass appeal and store the stylish pieces that you love in your moving container. There’ll be plenty of time for you to put your stamp on your new home and if you stage your current home well, you’ll probably have some extra cash to splash out on your new place too.
- Make your home welcoming: Clean, organized and depersonalized are all very well, but don’t take it to the extreme. No one wants to live in a hospital, so aim to create a warm welcoming ambiance with luxurious soft furnishings, tasteful decoration and clever lighting.
- Help buyers’ imaginations: We know this one may be a little hard to live with, but it works. Give your buyers the lifestyle they are looking for. Set your dining room table, make up your bed beautifully, place some interesting magazines on your coffee table, etc. Your hard work really will make a difference to your sale. If you want to add an extra personal touch, simply go grab something lovely from your moving container. Don’t forget to stage the outdoors too.
If you want to add thousands of dollars to your sale price, you need to think LIFESTYLE. Really sell your home to buyers by decluttering and staging the lifestyle people want to live. Your lifestyle won’t be lost as the beauty of Buddy Box portable moving containers is that they sit on your driveway or at the curb for however long you need them. If you need something that has already been packed, open up the container to get it. It’s that simple!